Export & Import Bookmarks
Exporting and importing bookmarks is useful if you’d like to share bookmarks or transfer them from one computer or browser to another. Luckily, you can do this in all browsers, and every browser exports and imports bookmarks as
- Open Firefox on your PC, and click the menu icon on the top-right-hand side of the screen.
- From the dropdown menu, click “Bookmarks”, then after being directed to the next menu, click “Manage Bookmarks”. Alternatively, navigate to the
Bookmark Managerby using the keyboard shortcut
CTRL+SHIFT+Oon Windows & Linux or
- Once you’ve opened the
Bookmark Manager, click the arrow icon on the top-left-hand side of the screen.
Export Bookmarks to HTML...from the dropdown menu.
- Select a destination for your bookmarks on your PC. You can also rename your
HTMLfile if you prefer, then click
Importing your bookmarks is just as easy as exporting.
- Follow steps 1-3 from the exporting section. Then, click
Import Bookmarks from HTML...from the dropdown menu.
- Then you’ll be able to select your bookmark
HTMLfile from your PC. Click
Opento import your file.
Export & Import Limits
Exporting and importing bookmarks on Firefox is very easy but there are limitations, such as needing to export a file multiple times if there’s a change that you need to import. Also, you will always need to export all your bookmarks, even if you might only need one folder.
There is a solution to the export-import limits. If you don’t want to repeatedly export and import or if you only need one or two folders from all of your bookmarks, try out Bookmark Llama.
With Bookmark Llama, you can share bookmark folders with others, and everyone will always have the latest version of that folder. Additionally, you’ll always have access to your bookmarks on any computer or browser if you’re logged into the extension.
- Install the Firefox extension, and create an account on Bookmark Llama.
- Set up your account by answering a couple of questions, e.g. would you like to join an existing team or set up a new account?
- Select a bookmark folder to share from your existing bookmarks, then click
Share Folder. You can also create a new folder if you prefer by clicking
Create New Folder.
- Invite people to your bookmark folder by adding their email addresses. They’ll be sent an invite once you click
Share Folder. You can also
Skip Invitesinstead if you just need to transfer bookmarks from one computer or browser to another.
That’s all there is to it!
You can make changes to your bookmarks as usual through your browser, and all of your bookmarks will always be in sync through the extension.
Bookmark Llama is available on Firefox, Edge and Chrome. Happy Sharing 😊